Amount: $500.00 to $5000.00
The Energy Finance Plan is convenient, on-bill financing for upgrades to gas and electrical systems and is available to Manitoba Hydro residential, commercial, farm, and seasonal customers.
- Borrow up to $5,000.00 per residence.
- The minimum allowable loan amount is $500.
- The maximum financing term is 5 years.
- The minimum monthly payment is $15.
- Current interest rate is 6.75%.
- No down payment required.
- All work must be performed by a qualified electrician or a licensed contractor who is a participant in the Energy Finance Plan.
- Credit approval must be pre-arranged.
- Repayment of the loan is the responsibility of the homeowner and not the tenant.
- The loan becomes due and payable when the house is sold; the loan is not transferable.
- Financing is not eligible for homes under construction, unoccupied homes, or projects in progress or already completed.
How to apply
Your contractor or retailer will work with you to determine if your project is eligible for financing and will help you complete the loan application.
Contractors and retailers can find more information on the Energy Finance Plan by contacting us.